Thursday, May 24, 2007

12-20-2006

I slept decently. Far better then I have back home in recent years actually... Anywho, I woke up when Brett's parents did and felt quite awake but I stayed in bed to try and sleep more. I actually got up at 9.30 We went out and picked up Murray and another fellow, Aiden, & we all went out shopping for some things we still needed for Cederberg. I'm very excited and somewhat apprehensive about going. I won't lie, Im out of shape and I'm sure it will kick my butt. I've committed myself this far already so that's not going to stop me.

The weather is beautiful here. Much warmer than home. That's to be expected though when you go from winter to summer.

We also went over to Fennel's (Murray's) house and he took me for a ride on his dirt bike. Apparently he's pretty good on the thing and competes with it by jumping from rock to rock with it. He gave me a brief show with some stones in his yard. It was actually quite impressive. I doubt I could ever do anything like it.

Happy Birthday Mike.

Murray showing us how he hops from stone to stone on his bike. And manages to stay balanced.
Getting ready for my first ride.

We must have zoomed up and down the street a half dozen times. I was holding on for dear life most of the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's amazing! You're blogging from the future! I hope I have a good birthday this year!