Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm not dead...

...I've just been at camp for the past 6 weeks or so and haven't had much of a chance to finish up on my trip to SA.

Camp was lots of fun. I really missed it last year. I was reunited with lots of old camp buddies and made some more. I've even begun planning out my next international scouting trip... this time to Moldova.

Dumitrita, the international scout at camp this year, invited me to come over during the next year or so and attend one of her camps. Moldova only recently (on August 27 1991 to be exact... sound familiar?) gained its independence from the Soviet Union. Their scouting program is just as young. The country is landlocked and bordered by Romania to the west and the Ukraine on the north, east, and south. Just about Moldova's only claim to fame (besides Dumi) is wine and this little ditty. Hopefully, I'll be able to get over there next summer or so and even see a bit of Europe as I do. I will surely keep a journal for that trip as well.

I promise that I'll get more posts about Cederberg up now that I'm back home and the more hectic things of summer have passed.

No comments: